Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 15:31:30 +0000
From: Kurt H Maier <khm@...ops.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GLOB_BRACE

Quoting Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>:

> Android's not far behind. All we have to do is prevent systemd from
> being adopted by Android and Lennart's Hairball can get kicked up into
> the server space with the previous generation of hardware like Cobol
> before it, where we don't have to care unless we want to be our
> generation's version of punched card job control wranglers for the
> money.

I'm not sure a gigantic java bloodfest is preferable.  Android is, if
anything, more Red Hat than Red Hat, with the added disadvantage that
half the system services are implemented in a badly-envisioned million-
daemon dystopia.  The android development world is a copy-paste
nightmare of Biblical proportions.  It's bad enough that RHELisms have
infected the space I live in -- when they start distributing HPC
software in .apk packages I'm checking out.

khm