Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 08:50:49 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GLOB_BRACE

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 10:57:20PM +0200, Paul Schutte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have hit the next stumbling block (show stopper):
>
> src/shared/util.c: In function 'glob_exists':
> src/shared/util.c:4376:36: error: 'GLOB_BRACE' undeclared (first use in
> this function)
> src/shared/util.c:4376:36: note: each undeclared identifier is reported
> only once for each function it appears in
>

> I see this is and non-standard posix extension. I guess that is it for
> systemd for now then.

The correct action for programs that need GNU functionality like this
is to include their own copy of the GNU function (usually as part of
gnulib) and use it if the system does not have it.

In the case of GLOB_BRACE and the other GNU extensions to
glob/fnmatch, it's not clear to me that they admit an efficient
in-place implementation, and I doubt they do. That's why musl does not
support them.