Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 08:05:24 +0200
From: "Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)" <mtk.manpages@...il.com>
To: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com, Isaac <idunham@...abit.com>,
	Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>, Felix Janda <felix.janda@...teo.de>
Subject: Re: Re: status of POSIX man pages?

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 2:23 PM, John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de> wrote:
> On 07/26/2013 09:20 PM, Isaac wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 03:08:52AM +0200, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> As of a few days ago, the necessary permissions are granted. I do not
>>> yet have the source files (and so am unsure of the source format), but
>>> I expect that they will become available to us in the next couple of
>>> weeks.
>>

>> I'm curious what the status of this is. Do you have the sources yet?
>>

> i am very interested in a status update as well.
> getting the posix 2008 manpages into my distro is a todo item since a long
> time
> https://github.com/rofl0r/sabotage/issues/34

A while back we got permission from the IEEE and The Open Group to use
the POSIX.1-2013 pages (==POSIX.1-2008 + Technical Corrigendum 1,
published 2013).

However, the source text that has been provided to us needs massaging
in a number of ways before it can be published as a set of standalone
pages. Felix Janda kindly offered to take on that task, and has been
making very good progress. I expect that in a week or two, we'll have
a set of pages for public review (to see if there are any remaining
bugs in the "massaging process" that Felix or I did not spot).

Cheers,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk