Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 18:15:46 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: nostdlib compilation

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 04:51:17PM -0500, Nulik Nol wrote:
> Hi,
> I am looking for a way to compile my app without glibc, and according
> to some examples it can be done with:
> gcc -nostdlib stubstart.S -o myprogram myprogram.c
> but in order to use the kernel I also need the system calls.
> What are the files I should also include from musl in order to be able
> to invoke kernel system calls but without glibc?

Most people do this with their own inline asm, but these files should
be sufficient to make syscalls:

src/misc/syscall.c
src/internal/$(ARCH)/syscall.s

I'm not 100% sure they work outside of musl; they might have other
dependencies. Looking at arch/$(ARCH)/syscall_arch.h to see how to
make your own inline-asm syscalls would be a better approach, I think.