Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 13:25:36 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: SUN_LEN

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 02:11:52AM +0900, Yu Kobayashi wrote:
> > The fact that gmail seems to be using ISO-2022-JP by default
>
> Sorry, I switched to the English name.
> I think UTF-8 or US-ASCII is used.
>
> > This is insufficient, since sys/un.h does not expose strlen.
>
> Why is it a bad thing to include <string.h>?
> Worry about cyclic dependency?

Well it puts a lot more stuff into the namespace and has a much larger
parsing cost (for the 99% of applications using sys/un.h that don't
need SUN_LEN). I think just using strlen and adding the __NEED_size_t
and prototype might be the least ugly though, now... after all none of
the options are clean.