Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 08:46:18 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: iconv Korean and Traditional Chinese research so far

On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 11:28:16PM -0700, writeonce@...ipix.org wrote:
> [...]

Thanks. I've also seen a fair number of bug reports asking for
programs that lack it to add support, so it seems there is at least
some demand. I'm going to go ahead and look into whether there's a way
we could do slow but algorithmic conversion (e.g. are all the
characters outside the standard range allocated sequentually based on
the set missing from the standard range?) since that would make the
question of whether or not it's needed fairly irrelevant.