Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 10:03:14 +1200
From: Andre Renaud <andre@...ewatersys.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Andre Renaud <andre@...ewatersys.com>
Subject: Re: ARM memcpy post-0.9.12-release thread

Hi Rich,

On 3 August 2013 08:41, Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:
> Andre, do you have any input on this? (Cc'ing)
>
> Rich

Sorry, I've been reading the emails, but haven't had a chance to get
back to the code. I don't really have an opinion on the gcc memcpy
issue, however I was still hopeful that we could come up with a
relatively clean mixed C/asm solution for the misaligned/non-congruent
copy scenario. Having said that, I haven't done anything on it yet.

To be honest, although a solution probably exists, I doubt it's ever
going to be much better than the bionic code (with the exception of
possibly being less to read).

Regards,
Andre