Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 02:34:56 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Conformance issues to address after 0.9.12 release

Here are a few issues I'd like to move to the agenda for after release:

- strftime (and wcsftime) does not support the POSIX-2008 field width
  specifiers and 0/+ flags. This is fairly invasive in strftime, which
  was originally written to ISO C and the previous issue of POSIX,
  both of which have fixed field widths. It also requires a partial
  redesign of wcsftime.

- i387 math asm does not truncate excess precision. Whether or not
  this omission is conforming in terms of the return value, it results
  in lost underflow exceptions, as demonstrated by nsz's math tests.

As far as I know, these are the only open conformance issues except
for the C locale issues, which will probably be resolved post-1.0, and
documentation. The rest of the remaining roadmap items are nonstandard
features and quality-of-implementation issues.