Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 09:25:39 +0200
From: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Proposed roadmap to 1.0

2013/7/24 Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>:

> That was my question about the whole affinity system in general. My
> view is that it's stupid micro-management of scheduling that should be
> done by the kernel, and that if the kernel's not doing a good enough
> job of managing which cpu a task runs on, the kernel scheduler should
> be fixed rather than adding hacks in apps.

Not always. Sometimes the kernel scheduler isn't the solution and you
care about isolating applications from the kernel/os. How do you do it
without this feature?

http://highscalability.com/blog/2013/5/13/the-secret-to-10-million-concurrent-connections-the-kernel-i.html

musl is a very good candidate for use in HPC, so this functionality
would be very valuable.

Daniel