Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 16:02:21 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Preparing to release 0.9.12

Hi everyone,

The list of changes since 0.9.11 has grown quite large, and although
we haven't met some of the roadmap goals for 0.9.12, others that were
marked for 0.9.13 have already been finished. So I think it's
reasonable to aim to release very soon now. There are still a few
pending items I'd like to get committed before the release:

- orc's getaddrinfo fix for AF_UNSPEC with NULL hostname
- Andre's ARM memcpy optimizations
- New crt1.c code for adding PIE support for more archs
- MAYBE the symlink direction issue...

Otherwise, between now and release I want to focus on detecting any
regressions. I don't expect any functional regressions, but it's
possible that the header refactoring broke some fragile, incorrect
applications. Reportedly sabotage needed 3 extra patches to work
around broken programs using __uint64_t and similar. Feedback from
testing with current git (especially current git's headers) would be
very helpful.