Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:20:42 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: C++ ABI TODO list

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 11:45:51AM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> - regex_t - glibc's struct tag violates the namespace. we could change
>   it just in C++ mode, though...

I was mistaken about this. re_* is in the reserved namespace, so we
can simply use re_pattern_buffer unconditionally. I'll change it.

> - regoff_t - glibc's definition is wrong; it's too short on 64-bit
>   archs. but we could fix it on 32-bit archs.

I'm going to try to fix this too. regoff_t can just be defined with
the _Addr macro from alltypes.h, but I'd rather avoid spreading use of
that macro, which is intended to be alltypes-internal, so I'll
probably just move regoff_t itself into alltypes.