Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 01:37:59 -0500
From: Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: OIN Notice - Definition Update
 [license@...ninventionnetwork.com]

On 07/12/2013 11:32:15 AM, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 05:18:46PM +0100, Justin Cormack wrote:

> against before
> list of

> It's
> SDK.  There
> > >
> > > Indeed, this sounds like nothing but "Pointy Hair Linux"
> conformance,
> > > which I think we can do without. Trying to meet these
> requirements is
> > > akin to ISO C adding Annex K and other junk to make Microsoft
> happy.
> > > They knew there was no hope of Microsoft actually adopting the C
> > > standard, so why even bother trying to make them happy? Similarly,
> > > "Pointy Hair Linux" is not adopting musl anytime soon, so worrying
> > > about conforming to their silly requirements seems like a waste of
> > > time and energy...
> > >
> > > Rich
> >
> > Its not a standard, its a list of things that are broadly "Linux"
> in terms
> > of the point of the group which is an anti patent pool...
>
> OK, I think we may have all misunderstood the point of this list.

It's fairly crazy, and bigger than I realized.

My point was just that saying we support X packages from the Open
Invention Network's "Monster Fun System List" (even saying X% if X is
above 80) is a way to leverage their name in our eventual marketing
push. But if the list is too crazy, obviously it's not worth trying to
cover more than we would anyway.

Rob