Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 10:45:59 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Request for volunteers

On Thu, Jul 04, 2013 at 01:05:06PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> On 06/30/2013 12:52:02 AM, Rich Felker wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >With us nearing musl 1.0, there are a lot of things I could use some
> >help with. Here are a few specific tasks/roles I'm looking for:
> >
> >1. Put together a list of relevant conferences one or more of us could
> >   attend in the next 4-6 months. I'm in the US and travelling outside
> >   the country would probably be prohibitive unless we also find
> >   funding, but anything in the US is pretty easy for me to get to,
> >   and other people involved in the project could perhaps attend
> >   other conferences outside the US.
>
> CELF turned into the "Linux Foundation Embedded Linux Conference"
> and they squished it together with some Android thing. I've never
> been to the Plumber's conference half my twitter list seems to go.
>
> Ohio LinuxFest's call for papers is open until Monday:

I wish we'd noticed a few days sooner. I've been thinking about
submitting a proposal for a talk, especially since the timing is so
good (September 13-15), but I'm having trouble coming up with a good
topic.

My leaning so far is to propose something related to the state of
library quality on Linux, dealing with both libc (the issues in glibc
and uclibc that lead to musl, and how glibc has been improving since
then) and non-system libraries that play a core role on modern Linux
systems (glib, etc.) and how they impact robustness (abort!) and
portability.

The idea is that it could be mildly promotional for musl, but also a
chance to promote proper library practices, possibly my definition of
"library-safe" (if we work out a good one), etc.