Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 11:54:11 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New articles on ewontfix

On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 06:45:27PM +0300, Ivan Kanakarakis wrote:
> I am waiting for the "library-safe" article ;)

I'm still trying to determine how to work out a formal definition of
library-safe. My thought is that it would be based on the property of
being able to combine two programs with well-defined behavior, both
using the library code, into a single program where each original
program runs starting with its own initial thread, such that the
combined program does not invoke UB and the two sub-programs match
their behavior before being combined. However there are lots of ugly
issues that have to be considered.

With that done, the interesting part would be covering common failures
of libraries to be library-safe.