Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 12:31:17 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: dlinfo

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 05:14:16PM +0100, Justin Cormack wrote:
> On 29 Jun 2013 16:54, "Rich Felker" <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 04:40:17PM +0100, Justin Cormack wrote:
> > > Has anyone got any plans to implement dlinfo?
> >
> > I'm not opposed to it, but not sure how easy it would be.
> > RTLD_DI_LINKMAP looks trivial (just return the argument passed in),
> > but the origin and search information is stuff that's probably not
> > saved with the current dynamic linker implementation.
>
> Linkmap is the only bit I need actually. NetBSD apparently only implements
> that and not the rest, so it is not unprecedented.

As a quick workaround then:

-D'dlinfo(x,y,z)=(*(struct link_map *)(z) = (void *)(x))'

Kidding aside, I wouldn't actually recommend this, since you'd be
encoding implementation internals (the fact that the dso handle is
actually the link_map pointer) into the application, which could badly
break if the implementation is ever changed. I'll just go ahead and
add this limited version of dlinfo; look for it soon and ping me if
you don't see it.