Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:44:07 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Thinking about release

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 09:25:17PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It's been mentioned that we're overdue for a release, and it looks
> like we have a fair amount of new stuff since the last release. Major
> changes so far:
>
> - Accepting \n in dynamic linker path file

This was buggy and apparently nobody (even the person who requested
it?!) ever tested it. Just fixed it. Could possibly use some further
review still to make sure it handles odd path files well.

> I think the ether.h functions could definitely still make it in for
> this release too.

Just committed these, almost the exact versions Strake submitted.
Apologies for taking so long! Thank you Strake.

> inet_makeaddr, etc. could probably also be merged.

I just wrote a new one based on the man page so as not to pull in more
3-clause BSD license mess. It's untested so hopefully it does the
right thing. Just committed it.

> Most of the other major items left on the agenda since the last
> release are probably not going to happen right away unless there's a
> volunteer to do them (zoneinfo, cpuset/affinity, string functions
> cleanup, C++ ABI matching, ARM-optimized memcpy) and one, the ld.so
> symlink direction issue, still requires some serious discussion and
> decision-making.

I think the status on all these issues remains the same.