Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 21:25:17 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Thinking about release

Hi all,

It's been mentioned that we're overdue for a release, and it looks
like we have a fair amount of new stuff since the last release. Major
changes so far:

- Accepting \n in dynamic linker path file
- Fixed broken x86_64 sigsetjmp
- Removed wrong C++ __STDC_*_MACROS checks
- Thread exit synchronization issues
- Conforming overflow behavior in clock()
- Support for large device numbers
- Math optimizations on i386
- C11 float.h macro additions
- Fixes for exceptions in fma (gcc bug workarounds)
- Fix misaligned stack when running ctors/dtors
- Support for %m modifier in scanf
- Support for using gcc intrinsic headers with musl-gcc wrapper
- PRNG fixes
- Per-process and per-thread cputime clocks and new(ish) Linux clocks

I think the ether.h functions could definitely still make it in for
this release too. inet_makeaddr, etc. could probably also be merged.
Most of the other major items left on the agenda since the last
release are probably not going to happen right away unless there's a
volunteer to do them (zoneinfo, cpuset/affinity, string functions
cleanup, C++ ABI matching, ARM-optimized memcpy) and one, the ld.so
symlink direction issue, still requires some serious discussion and
decision-making.

If anyone else has input for what should still go into the next
release, please jump in and discuss.