Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 21:12:16 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: question about xmmintrin.h

On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 10:52:48PM +0200, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> * Jens <jensl@...s.mine.nu> [2013-06-06 19:50:46 +0200]:
> >
> > x264 wants the gcc include header xmmintrin.h.
> >
> > It seems like it is not picked up when using the musl-gcc wrapper.
> >

> yes the compiler provides some headers which should be available
> with musl-gcc
>
> as a workaround you may try
>
> CFLAGS="-isystem `musl-gcc -print-file-name=include`"

The gcc include directory needs to be _after_ the libc include
directory in order not to interfere with the libc headers. I think
this could best be accomplished in the spec file for the wrapper.

By the way, the same order issue exists for native compilers. I just
rm the harmful gcc headers when installing, but it would be nice if
the patch for musl support in gcc could fix the include order so that
the libc include directory is searched before the gcc one rather than
after.