Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 19:30:55 +0200
From: Gregor Pintar <grpintar@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: High-priority library replacements?

2013/5/28, Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka@...il.com>:
> 2013/5/27 Gregor Pintar <grpintar@...il.com>:
>
>> Unless someone really takes a deep look (vulnerabilities, TLS 1.2)
>> into tropicssl,
>
> I think that in a few weeks, I will have free time to do so. That's
> why I care about the opinion, if you are interested to use tropicssl's
> BSD code as ssl layer for kripto.
>
> Daniel

Yes, I think it would be good, but API could maybe be little
cleaner/simpler. I would suggest to use prefix (library name) on all
external symbols. PolarSSL and TropicSSL expose too much in header.
I'm think tropicssl compatibility doesn't mean anything as it is not
very popular, but we could add PolarSSL and OpenSSL compatibility
header. I would also look at axTLS's API
(http://axtls.sourceforge.net/dox/group__c__api.html). API is very
important, all other things can be fixed.

Currently I'm quite busy, but maybe I could help as I have problems
with kripto's API. I might get some ideas for it.

Gregor