Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 23:05:09 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: patch: make the size of errbuf configurable

* Z. Gilboa <zg7s@...rvices.virginia.edu> [2013-05-19 16:12:58 -0400]:
> When a shared library that resides in a deeply nested folder
> contains unresolved (long-named, mangled) symbols, the displayed
> name of the library and/or symbol might get truncated.  The attached
> patch makes the size of errbuf (ldso/dynlink.c) configurable
> (--with-ld-errbuf-size), while yet leaving the default size of 128
> unaffected.

i dont think this is the best place to start adding configurations

i'd prefer simply increasing the buffer if this is an issue

c++ mangled names can get pretty insane, i just checked my system

libstdc++ 128 char:
_ZNKSt8time_getIwSt19istreambuf_iteratorIwSt11char_traitsIwEEE21_M_extract_via_formatES3_S3_RSt8ios_baseRSt12_Ios_IostateP2tmPKw

libicui18n 136 chars:
_ZN7icu_4_218DateIntervalFormat24createSDFPatternInstanceERKNS_13UnicodeStringERKNS_6LocaleEPNS_24DateTimePatternGeneratorER10UErrorCode

libLLVM 334 chars:
_ZN4llvm13LiveIntervals28rewriteInstructionsForSpillsERKNS_12LiveIntervalEbRPKNS_9LiveRangeEPNS_12MachineInstrES9_jibbbbRNS_10VirtRegMapEPKNS_19TargetRegisterClassERNS_11SmallVectorIiLj4EEEPKNS_15MachineLoopInfoERNS_9BitVectorERNS_8DenseMapIjSt6vectorINS0_6SRInfoESaISP_EENS_12DenseMapInfoIjEENSS_ISR_EEEESM_SW_RNSN_IjjST_ST_EERSO_IPS1_SaISZ_EE