Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 18:22:41 +0200
From: Jonas Wagner <jonas.wagner@...l.ch>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Word-sized reads access memory past the bound of objects

Rich, thank you very much for the answer. It was very quick and helpful.

> - How prevalent is such code in MUSL?
>
> Not very. Probably src/string and src/multibyte are the only places.

In this case, I will probably adapt the copy of MUSL I'm using. I plan to
test it with several different program analyzers, and the issue would
probably come up multiple times. As you say, these program analyzers often
assume quite restrictive models.

Thank you also for the list of other places where MUSL has specific
assumptions. I will look into them.

Best regards,
Jonas

Content of type "text/html" skipped