Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 14:37:36 -0500
From: Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Best place to discuss other lightweight libraries?

On 04/24/2013 06:48:52 AM, Kurt H Maier wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 01:18:43PM +0200, Daniel Cegiełka wrote:
> >
> > btw. has anyone used go with musl?
> >

> Go ships its own libc, which I'm fairly certain it depends on.  It's
> also not suitable as a system programming language and they dropped
> that
> claim from their propaganda some time ago.

Ken Thompson is designing go, but Dennis Ritchie was really the guy who
made C into a systems language (and kept pestering Ken to try doing
bits of unix kernel in his latest version, then took the resulting
feedback and implemented solutions for it).

For the curious, here's the paper from Dennis Ritchie's HOPL II talk:

   http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/chist.html

Rob