Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:54:55 -0500
From: Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Best place to discuss other lightweight libraries?

On 04/22/2013 06:31:10 PM, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 06:24:06PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> > Many moons ago I started a thread on here (or was it on freenode?)
> > asking about lightweight alternatives to stuff and the need for a
> > wiki page tracking them.
> >
> > I believe that at the time, the musl wiki was insufficiently
> > combobulated, but it has since been fixed. The
> > http://busybox.net/tinyutils.html page is old is stale and never
> > really had good coverage, http://elinux.org/System_Size is sort of
> > adjacent to the topic. If we do come up with anything, can we put it
> > on a wiki page?
>
> That would be a perfectly acceptable topic for the wiki.

Obviously I'd nominate toybox. (And busybox.) If only so you have a
context for "ok, what do these NOT cover".

There's an existing "musl vs uClibc" page but we might want a sentence
or two on "musl: obviously the best", "uClibc: tried really hard but
buildroot squished it in 2005 and it never recovered". "dietlibc:
widely mocked for not-a-but-thats-a-feature disease", "klibc: official
libc of the postminimalist art movement".)

"There's always room for dropbear". And polarssl, and so on.

I know we discussed more stuff (rxvt, xcfe and lxde...)

Rob