Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 15:17:05 -0500
From: Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Best place to discuss other lightweight libraries?

On 04/21/2013 11:30:54 AM, LM wrote:
> Musl does a great job of replacing glibc.  It's lightweight,
> well-designed and written with friendly licensing.  However, I'm
> noticing there are a lot of other standard libraries and tools on a
> typical system and often many of them are bloated or not so well
> designed.  I've been looking for a good forum to discuss using
> alternative libraries and tools.  I've checked out projects like
> Beyond Linux from Scratch and suckless.org/Plan 9 and several other
> options.  I've even checked out some embedded systems mailing
> lists/forums.  Have yet to find a good forum to discuss topics like
> these with interested developers.  Does anyone know of a mailing list,
> forum, etc. where one could discuss such topics.  If so, please let me
> know.  If not, and if anyone on the list is interested in discussing
> this sort of thing further, please e-mail me.  At the moment, I'm
> investigating finding a less bloated alternative to libintl.  Did
> notice gettext-tiny as part of Sabotage.  I've also run across 3 other
> options and am looking at pros and cons of the implementations.

If you find one, I'm interested in hearing about it.

In theory the linux-embedded list might be a good place:

   http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-embedded

In practice, not much goes on there and the last post to that list was
January. But if people did start posting there, I could join in. :)

Rob