Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 18:07:23 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Best place to discuss other lightweight libraries?

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 06:47:02PM +0200, Daniel Cegiełka wrote:

> >> And that kills everybody using glib? *runs and hides*
> >
> > I guess that's one of the reasons I'm trying to eliminate glib from my
> > system and thus, at the moment, trying to find a gettext alternative that
> > doesn't need it.
>
> https://github.com/rofl0r/gettext-tiny

I think the goal is to have gettext functionality, not just stubs.
Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

With that said, an old version of GNU gettext should work fine. I
wasn't even aware that the current version depends on glib; it
certainly didn't in the past.

I have certainly considered at times including a working gettext
implementation in musl or writing one for external use, but haven't
gotten around to it. There's no reason for it to be anything but tiny.
It doesn't do anything but search for and return strings out of
mmapped files.