Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:20:46 -0400
From: Zvi Gilboa <zg7s@...rvices.virginia.edu>
To: <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: question: hard-coded file descriptors in stdin/stdout/stderr

 >> If on the other hand your work provides a pseudo-syscall-interface
musl could ride on top of, it might be possible to use most of musl
almost-unmodified on top of windows.

That's perfectly understood!  I'm indeed writing psxcalls with musl in
mind, with the goal that the library would provide musl with all it
needs to treat it just like any other linux system. This means that the
only "specialties" would exist where they are present for other
platforms as well, namely as sub-folders under /src/thread or
/src/internal.  As for /src/math, I have already created some basic sed
scripts that convert the Linux .S files to MinGW ones.

There are probably some fine details of which I am not yet aware,
however I'm overall optimistic about musl's eventual ability to
integrate win32 and win64 transparently, just like it would with any
other Linux platform.

Zvi