Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 20:30:54 -0500
From: Kurt H Maier <khm-lists@...ma.in>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: strcasestr.c

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 08:03:28PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:

> The other somewhat reasonable option would be removing the function,
> which would expose breakage in programs that were already using the
> broken version in musl. I'm mildly against this, but I'd be interested
> in hearing arguments either way.

Please remove it.  It's not world-ending to ask people to relink;
programs known to require the broken functionality can run against an
older version of musl until they're repaired.  If you start enshrining
mistakes now you're just driving down glibc avenue.  I'd rather have
musl be a correct libc than a quirky libc.

khm