Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 21:46:19 +0100
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bug in include/netinet/in.h

On 01/24/2013 08:22 PM, Alexander Stadler wrote:

> I removed -Werror from CMakeLists.txt of netifd, after that it compiled (with warnings ;-) ).
> Thank you!
>
> (only size shocked me - 450KB (one day before with uClibc 50KB :-/ ))

probably something went wrong here, usually musl-linked binaries are a
good bit smaller than their uclibc-linked counterparts.
some guesses:
- uclibc binary is linked dynamically, but the musl one statically
- debug mode (-g) was used for the musl binary
- uclibc binary was stripped (-s) but musl one wasn't

i'd try to use strip tool on both binaries and compare
additionally comparing the used CFLAGS used by the compiler might give
hints (compile both in verbose mode and compare build logs)
for smallest binary size, usually -flto -fwhole-program -s -Os give the
best results with gcc >= 4.5.0 (however lto makes the build notably slower)