Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 15:56:15 +0100
From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@...too.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: NULL

On 13/01/13 15:29, Rob Landley wrote:
> So fond of gcc. The LFS guys are currently discussing the 4.7.2 release
> or whatever it is that just came out and requires a C++ compiler on the
> host. (I'd link to the archives but their website is half-migrated right
> now.)

It is known, if the people working on that are confident that having C++
as core language is what boosted clang instead of having a clear
separation of layers, good reusability and a clean API so be it.

(Meanwhile gccgo and gold still has a good chunk of neat shortcomings
making a good point that the language isn't a magic bullet)

And we are discussing on how bend a C runtime to fit the C++ runtime.

I do really hope Go will win more people and useful code and integration
will come up to make C++ less important.

lu