Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 14:33:36 -0800 (PST)
From: idunham@...abit.com
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Compatability: aufs-utils needs GNU extensions to nftw

One of the Puppy developers recently mentioned that he'd like to build
mount.aufs with musl because the static binary is excessively large (600
kb) when built with glibc.
However, there are a couple issues:
1. The most important issue is that libau uses the following flags/macros:
FTW_ACTIONRETVAL
FTW_CONTINUE
FTW_SKIP_SUBTREE
FTW_SKIP
>From all I can see, this would require some extensions to nftw() and
possibly  to fn().
I'm not sure exactly what glibc does with these, so I have no idea what to
do.

2. There's also a problem with a couple files using the GNU extension
<error.h>/error_at_line(); this is fairly readily hacked around.

3. AUFS does want a patched kernel; if you would rather just see about
building the tools without patching the kernel, get aufs3-standalone and
add ${AUFS3_STANDALONE}/include to the header search path so you have
<linux/aufs_type.h>

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham