Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 14:11:31 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Agenda for next release?

Hi,

I don't have any immediate plan for the next release, but I'd like to
start thinking about what we'd like to go into it. A few things I know
are still pending that should be possible to include are:

- strverscmp
- zoneinfo
- inet_makeaddr
- scanf %m modifier
- getifaddrs
- cpuset/affinity interfaces
- ether.h interfaces

I know there's also interest in exposing sigreturn and setcontext for
libunwind use, but it's difficult to do right and I'm really skeptical
of the whole thing. Their use of sigreturn seems completely incorrect
(and thus probably untested); sigreturn expects a struct sigcontext on
the stack, not a pointer to a sigcontext in the first function
argument slot. I would rather have a conversation with their
developers first to determine if that code is even working/valid, and
defer the corresponding additions to musl until we eventually add all
the ucontext.h interfaces in working form.

Another port (perhaps x32, like originally proposed) is also
definitely an option if anybody's up for doing it. I had considered
doing it myself in this release cycle, but I'm a bit busy with some
other projects for at least a couple weeks so I'd rather not get
bogged down in a big time-eater right away, and instead spend my time
with musl on small isolated feature additions and bug fixes.

Anything else I missed?