Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:58:38 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: libedit build, missing sys/ttydefaults.h & sys/errno.h

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 02:29:28PM +0400, ojab wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> libedit-3.0 build fails with
>
> >editline/readline.h:79:29: fatal error: sys/ttydefaults.h: No such file or directory
> >fileman.c:14:23: fatal error: sys/errno.h: No such file or directory
>
> After adding sys/ttydefaults.h from NetBSD [1] (cleaned up version
> in the attached file) and replacing <sys/errno.h> with <errno.h> it
> builds/works fine.
> As far as I can see the same issues was reported about sysvinit [2].
>
> Can sys/ttydefaults.h be added to musl? Will <sys/errno.h> alias be
> added to musl? Or I should report issue to libedit developer
> instead?

So far, support for wrong-location headers like <sys/errno.h> is
inconsistent; we support some of them but not others. The long-term
plan is to support all of the ones glibc does, but with #warning in
the wrong version of it. I think you should report the bug upstream
and try to get it fixed. It's definitely been more than 20 years since
there was a system where <sys/errno.h> was needed, and I doubt such
systems existed even back then.

As for <sys/ttydefaults.h>, I'll look at it. I'm not familiar with
what it's for. But it seems unused...