Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 20:09:35 +0200
From: Paul Schutte <sjpschutte@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: static linking and dlopen

Hi,

I have a strong preference towards static linking these days because the
running program use so much less memory.

When I link a binary statically and that binary then use dlopen, would that
work 100% ?

What would open if the shared object that was dlopened want's to call
functions in other shared libraries ?
I understand that when using dynamic linking those libraries would just get
loaded, but I am not sure what would happen with static linking.

Regards
Paul

Content of type "text/html" skipped