Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 12:08:39 +0100
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Summary of 1.0 marketing plan/scheme/nefarious plot from
 IRC.

* Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net> [2012-11-30 03:21:10 -0600]:
> On 11/29/2012 03:15:38 PM, Justin Cormack wrote:
> >Also conferences. FOSDEM is in Feb and is a good place talks still
> >open.
>
> "Lessons learned from writing a new linux/android C library from
> scratch" would be a fun talk. Video could be linked from the musl
> website...

reminds me that i wanted to collect "software bugs found by musl"

(so far there are about 10 formal bugs against the posix standard
some of them are serious, there is even an accepted editorial
issue in the c11 standard, dalias made several reports against glibc
some of them recorded on ewontfix and there are gcc, clang and many
pcc issues found by musl +the many patches against software packages
some of which already got upstream and various bugs fixed in internal
musl code that might affect others: tre, math, crypto..)

the design or quality issues are more interesting ones but harder
to enumerate
(it would be nice to have a collection of broken/dangerous apis and
general libc issues that affect others not just musl users, this
probably can be part of the documentation effort)