Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 16:26:43 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Summary of 1.0 marketing plan/scheme/nefarious plot from
 IRC.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 10:14:01PM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
> On 11/30/12 9:26 PM, Rich Felker wrote:
> > I suppose it could be forked and that mess patched out...
>
> If you do I'll help as well.

I think my staying out of this is part of what Landley meant by not
getting into the distro business. :-) If whoever _is_ working on a
small, self-hosting system with decent modern GUI gets to the point of
dealing with harfbuzz and wanting to keep out all C++ dependencies, I
think the polite way to handle it would be to contact the maintainers
and tell them why it's a burden to require a C++ compiler (especially
if you want to use pcc or something firm-based with no C++ compiler)
and that you're willing to maintain a no-C++ fork, but would also be
interested in whether they'd be willing to phase-out C++ usage.