Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 23:42:13 -0500
From: Kurt H Maier <khm-lists@...ma.in>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: termios ugliness

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 10:52:11PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> Since it's a decision we can't really change later without breaking
> ABI, though, I'd like to ask the community: does anybody have a strong
> feeling about whether we should use the kernel termios structure
> directly or do like glibc and use an arch-generic userspace termios
> structure and code to convert to/from the kernel version?

I will always support the cleaner solution.  If this can be worked
around in the dynamic linker, that's where it should go.  This has the
advantage of not hosing up static stuff, and leaves the possibility open
to implement clean per-architecture implementations in the future.  I
have a feeling glibc does it their way in the (misguided) name of being
easier to maintain across platforms... but I'd rather have the 'right'
code.