Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 00:37:27 +0100
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: roadmap for 0.9.8 ?

i was thinking about what will go into the next release...

open positions that were originally intended to go into 0.9.7 are, as
taken from the latest "pending for release" mails:

- dl_iterate_phdr() - looks as if this is currently cooking, and
possibly an important bit to improve libgcc support,

- explicit mips soft-float abi support (mainly for use with broken
    openwrt kernels) ,

- wordexp ?

- subarchs in build system (e.g. mips-softfloat, arm-hardfloat, etc.),

- nsz' suggested math improvements ?

additionally, i think it'd make sense to add stubs for the missing
optional schedule functions (as most of them are already there), that
way we could build some exotic programs like "fluidsynth" without
patches, and further increase the pkgsrc success rate:

posix_spawnattr_setschedparam
posix_spawnattr_setschedpolicy
posix_spawnattr_getschedparam
posix_spawnattr_getschedpolicy
pthread_attr_getinheritsched
pthread_attr_getschedpolicy
pthread_attr_setinheritsched
pthread_attr_setschedpolicy
pthread_getschedparam
pthread_mutex_getprioceiling
pthread_mutex_setprioceiling
pthread_mutexattr_getprioceiling
pthread_mutexattr_getprotocol
pthread_mutexattr_setprioceiling
pthread_mutexattr_setprotocol
pthread_setschedparam
pthread_setschedprio
pthread_getschedprio
(i hope that's complete)

- ppc port ?

is there something else i missed, and what are your plans ?

besides of musl itself, i think it would be a nice achievement if we
could get the microblaze toolchain patches integrated in the upstream
repos (or at least patches against current gcc/binutils trees), so that
we distro-builders dont need to special-case for microblaze.