Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:57:48 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Possible file stream bug

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:54:17PM +0200, Paul Schutte wrote:
> Thanks Rich !
>
> I was thinking in terms of file descriptors which is only integers and not
> whole data structures.
>
> Sorry for wasting your time.

I committed some changes that weren't strictly needed, but which make
the behavior "better" in programs which have called close(fileno(f))
prior to freopen(f, ...). These changes should also have the effect
that the code in your example "works", but since it's using a FILE
stream after calling fclose on it, relying on it continuing to work is
not something I would recommend. It would be better to fix the buggy
code.