Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 18:25:53 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: localtime() isn't local

* Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com> [2012-10-26 07:37:20 -0700]:
> FWIW, the last line in /etc/localtime seems in proper format for the TZ variable (that is, export TZ=`tail -n 1 /etc/localtime` should give you a valid POSIX timezone).  I don't know why there's so much more cruft, and I've only checked with my timezone.
>
> Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>

that's not always true as the posix tz format
cannot represent any timezone

in my tzdata files these are counter examples:

/usr/share/zoneinfo/Israel
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Iran
/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Argentina/San_Luis
/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Santiago
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Egypt
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Chile/Continental
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Chile/EasterIsland