Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 13:36:04 -0700
From: Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: shared musl with PCC as system compiler

On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 15:38:36 +0200
Luca Barbato <lu_zero@...too.org> wrote:

> On 10/14/2012 09:15 AM, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> > This is mainly a mix of what I've worked out previously and what Rich and I worked
> > out on IRC. I figured posting it on the list would help those who want to use pcc
> > as compiler...
> > 0. Get today's (Oct 13) git HEAD or later! Otherwise libc.so will be broken.
> > Get a fairly recent pcc from CVS (the last month should be good enough)
> > When compiling pcc-libs, use
> > make CFLAGS="-fPIC ${OPTFLAGS}"
> > (otherwise you get textrels in libc.so, which doesn't work)
> > 1. Set LIBCC to -L$(dirname `pcc -print-file-name=libpcc.a`) -lpcc
Or $(${CC} -print-file-name=libpcc.a), as Rich mentioned.
> > 2. Add
> > CFLAGS_ALL_SHARED += -D__PIC__=1
> > to config.mak (pcc doesn't define this with -fPIC at present, which is a bug)
No longer necessary, with today's CVS (DATESTAMP=20121014).
(Additionally, array arguments passed to inline asm _should_ properly decay to pointers now).

> Do you have/know of a git mirror for pcc?
Not until a few minutes ago. ;)
See
git://github.com/idunham/pcc
and
git://github.com/idunham/pcc-libs
(they are not recommended for use unless you need to use git, as I may not keep them current all the time!)
--
Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>