Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 23:18:33 +0200
From: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: better compatibility with bsd getopt()

> If the only need is option resetting, I think we can handle that
> without any cost, and avoid linking in duplicate code to meet
> applications' needs.
>
> Rich

OpenBSD solves gnu reset option in this way:

	/*
	 * XXX Some GNU programs (like cvs) set optind to 0 instead of
	 * XXX using optreset.  Work around this braindamage.
	 */
	if (optind == 0)
		optind = optreset = 1;

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/lib/libc/stdlib/getopt_long.c?rev=1.25;content-type=text%2Fplain

So using the gnu reset (optind == 0) and BSD optreset should not be so
difficult.

Daniel