Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 23:01:32 +0200
From: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: funopen() from BSD

Hi,

Rich wrote about files/threads locking. I'm trying to implement
functions funopen() and port it to musl.

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=funopen&sektion=3

funopen() function is similar to gnulib's fopencookie() - I found
implementation in newlib:

http://sourceware.org/newlib/
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/newlib/libc/stdio/funopen.c?rev=1.2&content-type=text/plain&cvsroot=src

I cleaned the code and more prepared to work with musl, but I have to
use locking from musl... so I need some help in explaining how to use
the lock's feature from musl.

Rich, is there any chance that this function could be added to musl?
It's used in BSD.

Thanks for any help,
Daniel

View attachment "funopen_orig.c" of type "text/x-csrc" (7751 bytes)

View attachment "funopen.c" of type "text/x-csrc" (6864 bytes)