Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 17:53:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: idunham@...abit.com
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl-gcc question

> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 04:50:13PM +0200, Jens wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Looks like musl-gcc in my uclibc environment doesn't work correctly
>> (for me):
>
> Aboriginal Linux? The problem is that the underlying gcc is not gcc,
> but Rob Landley's gcc wrapper which serves a similar purpose to
> musl-gcc, but using the command line rather than spec files, so it
> takes precedence. You need to either find a way to get musl-gcc to
> call the underlying gcc, or build a native toolchain.

Rich, what would you think of changing from a hardcoded "gcc" to using
something along these lines:

[ -z "$REALGCC" ] && REALGCC=gcc
$REALGCC <the current parameters>

By setting REALGCC to rawgcc, Landley's toolchain could easily be used.
This would also help for using other cross-toolchains.
(note: I'm not particular about the variable, but $GCC might be a bad
choice: ISTR seeing one or two Makefiles that set that.)