Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 16:30:09 +0200
From: Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Time for an issue tracker?

Igmar Palsenberg <musl@...senberg.com> writes:

>> I guess there are many users like me, who would like to help out, but don't
>> have much free time on their hands.  It would be nice to quickly find something
>> smallish to do. digging through mailing-list threads is too expensive when
>> all you have is three minutes.
>>
>> Of course, issue tracking has many more benefits.  actually, I was about to
>> work on adding restrict everywhere it belongs, which Rich just committed...
>>
>> WDYT?
> A lot of options :
>
> - Bugzilla
> - Trac
> - JIRA
>
> I'm a fan of Atlassian tools, they give away licenses for Open Source
> tools. I'd be more then happy to assist / provide
> infrastructure.

I'd like to propose the github bug tracker (even if the project is not
hosted by github right now) mainly because it is rather simple, can be
controlled by mail, and almost everyone has a github account already.
Please do not force users to make accounts to report bugs.

cu,
--
Christian Neukirchen  <chneukirchen@...il.com>  http://chneukirchen.org