Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 23:20:13 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: capset() capget() syscalls

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 05:10:20AM +0200, John Spencer wrote:
> On 09/06/2012 05:04 AM, Rich Felker wrote:
> >
> >As such, it's sort of a borderline case. Do we really want to be
> >promoting this API for use by applications?
> >
> no

Thanks for the input, but I don't think it's quite that clear-cut and
I don't have a good answer. There should be some way to access
capabilities without needing an ugly library which allocates dynamic
memory to report the current capability set (yes, libcap is THAT bad),
but the sys/capabilities.h interfaces are also a complete mess...