Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 15:55:47 +0200
From: Igmar Palsenberg <musl@...senberg.com>
To: Musl list <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: 'Proper' software writing

Hi,

When attempting to fix my own piece of software I've come to the
conclusing that writing somewhat portable software (glibc vs musl) is a
huge PITA.
I've ironed out most issues, but that left me with some questions :

- Why use _BSD_SOURCE and _GNU_SOURCE at all ? What is the argument of
not exposing *ALL* stuff that is in musl ?
- Is there a way to do proper feature detection ? I tried autoscan from
autotools, but the outcome wanted to make me cry. It missed about all
   that is important.

Any comments / suggestions ?

Regards,

    Igmar