Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 09:10:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: idunham@...abit.com
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: sys/signal.h, sys/dirent.h + bugzilla.

> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 02:19:55PM +0200, John Spencer wrote:
>> On 08/24/2012 12:40 PM, Daniel Cegieƅ*ka wrote:
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >e2fsprogs (misc/fsck.c) needs include/sys/signal.h, but musl installs
>> >signal.h only in include/. symlink in Makefile?
>> >
>> >btw. the same situation: sys/dirent.h
>>

>> those are not posix, the package you're trying to compile is at fault
>> here.
it's util-*linux*, not util-posix - what do you expect? :P

> Yes. We've already handled _some_ broken things like this by just
> adding the nonsense alias for the header (as a wrapper rather than a
> symlink, though; using symlinks is a bad idea because installing them
> does not work well) but so far this is the only report I've seen of an
> app needing these two

I've seen sys/syscall.h previously. Easily fixed.
I have considered doing a glibc-header-compat package, which provides
various nonstandard headers (sys/ aliases, sys/queue.h, etc.) out of tree.
I don't think they belong in tree.

BTW, util-linux will probably need to check unistd.h for an adequate
standards-support (_XOPEN_VERSION/_POSIX_VERSION).  Allegedly, they
support every libc out there, and a number of older ones don't even have
<syscall.h>.