Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:57:09 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Todo for release?

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 07:45:01PM +0200, Daniel Cegiełka wrote:
> Hi,
> Very helpful would be support for fts.h in musl:
>
> http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/online/pages/man3/fts.3.html

Can these functions be implemented purely as library functionality,
without any hooks into libc internals? I was thinking it might be nice
to isolate all such code into a single subtree in musl, so that folks
wanting to use it outside musl (either directly in application source
trees, or in libraries) could easily find and use it.

Of course there's also the option of putting such code in a separate
library outside of libc (i.e. not including it in libc) which some
people might prefer, but if it's small and historically in libcs and
doesn't create maintenance burden, I'm not opposed to having it in
libc..