Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:55:06 +0200
From: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Todo for release?

>> - Support for __progname (Daniel)
>
> Daniel, any more thoughts on this? Are there lots of programs that
> want it that can't easily be patched to simply use argv[0] themselves?

This is not something that is absolutely necessary. __progname quite
often is used on *BSD and less on Linux (eg. Owl's msulogin,
popa3d)... but __progname is always easy to fix.

Here we have the OpenBSD repo and content /bin directories:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/bin/

And here's a list of programs (from /bin/) that require __progname (70% of all):

mv
systrace
md5
cp
chmod
cat
rmail
kill
sleep
rmdir
mkdir
extern
ps
df
rcp
ln
date
chio
domainname
stty
rm
pwd
hostname

For __progname  we probably need to modify (asm) files in the musl/crt/.

Best regards,
Daniel