Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:22:07 +0200
From: "Arvid E. Picciani" <aep@...s.org>
To: <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Design for extensible passwd[/shadow?] db support

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 09:50:48 -0400, Rich Felker wrote:

> Well that's up to the Austin Group, not you. We implement POSIX.

fair enough. Now that i think of it, pulling out getpwent might not
be such a smart idea after all, considered that projects would need
musl specific build instructions then.

> Making /bin/ls depend on dynamic loading modules is a bit
> disgusting...

huh? yeah exactly my point. Why does /bin/ls load the passwd stuff in
the first place?
It really shouldn't be in libc :/

--
Arvid E. Picciani